lecturer of 2021/2022 Autumn semester
David Jose Ribeiro Lamas
Antek Kasemaa (language of instruction:Estonian)
Eha Rüütel (language of instruction:Estonian)
Kadi Lukanenok (language of instruction:Estonian)
Barbi Pilvre (language of instruction:Estonian)
Tiina Rüütmaa (language of instruction:Estonian)
Hele Leek-Ambur (language of instruction:Estonian)
Natalia Tšuikina (language of instruction:Estonian)
Raili Nugin (language of instruction:English)
Terry William Mcdonald
Brief description of the course
Learning activities take place in teams consisting of 6 students. The project team must include students from at least three different study areas. Up to three teams, consisting of 6 students, can join one project.
Within LIFE course, projects are carried out in cooperation with the supervisor(s) and students, and they include the following components: defining a common topic or problem, setting goals, creating an action plan and carrying out the plan as intended.
Participation in LIFE course is supported by workshops and seminars intended for students.
More detailed information about the course is available at elu.tlu.ee.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student:
- can make connections and can analyse the goals of the project and their possible solutions from the perspective of one’s own as well as that of other fields;
- can use professional and cross-disciplinary knowledge newly acquired during the project and can identify their application potential;
- has knowledge and skills of applying principles of teamwork, including the division of roles, taking responsibility and contribution to group work and has acquired time management skills;
- can analyse the performance and effectiveness of the project by critically assessing one’s own activities and suggesting improvement measures;
- can analyse his/her own, as well as team members’, role and responsibilities when implementing the activities and goals of the project;
- can introduce the project results to stakeholders and/or public by using different media channels
LIFE course related information is sent to the student’s e-mail that is registered at LIFE website from firstname.lastname@example.org.
The student who has joined the LIFE course will be sent an e-mail invitation to join a Moodle course, intended for all students, “YID6001.YM ELU õppeaine õpikeskkond 2019/2020 / LIFE course learning environment 2019/2020”, where:
• general information related to LIFE course is shared;
• LIFE course support materials can be found (the concept of LIFE, Student Guidelines, Guidelines for using project funds, guidelines for compulsory tasks);
• compulsory tasks are submitted;
• registration for workshops/seminars, feedback session during the intermediate week and LIFE projects’ presentation day takes place
For more detailed information send an email to LIFE coordinator email@example.com.