Study programme code
Study programme administrator
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HR - School of Educational Sciences
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Study programme group
teacher training and educational science
Study programme subgroup
Nominal study period (in semesters)
An applicant must have a Bachelor´s degree or an equivalent level of preparation. show more...
For admission a student must pass an exam.
haridusteaduse magister (kasvatusteadused)
Study programme aims and objectives
Create opportunities for:
- achieving a comprehensive understanding of personal development and possibilities of supporting this development in a socio-cultural environment;
- helping the learner develop a readiness for academic research;
- helping the learner develop a readiness for applying pedagogical knowledge in practice in spheres that are important for an educational system;
- wstablishing the preconditions for continuing studies at doctoral level.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- knows basic terminology, trends and problems of modern educational sciences show more...
- is able to understand the functioning of educational reality at the level of culture and collective body
- has knowledge about the structure, development and operational principles of an educational system
- is able to understand and lead educational processes at an institutional as well as individual level
- knows how to conduct scientific research in all stages
- has self-analysis skills, critical systematic thinking skills and cognisance of the system
- has the skill to put theory into practice
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Master’s thesis. During the studies, students are required to pass at least one course which uses a foreign language as the language of instruction. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
Since the admission of year 2017 students are required to pass during the studies at least one course which uses a foreign language as the language of instruction.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits