Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
FK - Baltic Film, Media, Arts and Communication School
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Humanitaaria ja kunstid
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
en: Audiovisuaalsed tehnikad ja meedia tootmine
Nominal study period (in semesters)
A secondary school leaving certificate, certificate of vocational secondary education or a corresponding qualification that facilitates access to higher education.
English language skills to at least the level of Independent User (B2 level on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages), and passing the admission exams.
Study programme aims and objectives
The study programme focuses on the modern processes of the convergence of various media channels and platforms. show more...
It is due to these processes that the media sector is increasingly in need of specialists who are familiar with the creation of audio-visual media content for a variety of output channels, including interactive platforms.
As a result, the objective of the study programme is to promote students’ search for new forms of artistic expression. The study programme gives students basic theoretical knowledge about the media, with a special focus on crossmedia and crossmedia production. During the learning process, the skills required in utilising audio-visual media and ICT tools will be developed. The study programme gives an introduction to the disciplines of management and entrepreneurship.
The study programme is aimed at training specialists who are able to take audiovisual content to new interactive platforms, and who have knowledge about new kinds of media products and relevant business models.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- is familiar with the methods and techniques of crossmedia content presentation show more...
- is able to manage the processes of creation and development of audiovisual media content for new digital network platforms
- is familiar with the basics of entrepreneurship and management and with the forms of entrepreneurship characteristics to convergent media sector
- has acquired and enhanced knowledge and skills that enable the graduate to have a professional career in the media sector, in the field of crossmedia product development
- is familiar with audiovisual media production tools and technology and knows the specifics (including cameras, sound, lighting etc.)
- is able to plan his/her future career, is able to continue studying on MA level
- understands and values importance of knowledge and the role and impact of his/her professional actions in the society
- is able to participate in team work and if needed to carry the team leaders´ role
- is motivated to actively participate in civil society and supports the principles of democracy, foremost the freedom of speech and pluralism of opinions.
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending a Bachelor’s thesis. An additional requirement for students who were admitted up to the 2015/2016 academic year is that their foreign language proficiency must correspond to C1 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and their computer skills must be sufficient for university studies.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits