Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
DT - School of Digital Technologies
Study programme title in Est.
Avatud ühiskonna tehnoloogiad
study programme title in Engl.
Open Society Technologies
Language of instruction
en: Informatsiooni- ja kommunikatsioonitehnoloogiad
Study programme group
informatics and information technology
Study programme subgroup
en: Informatsiooni- ja kommunikatsioonitehnoloogia interdistsiplinaarne õppekavarühm
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Bachelor's Degree, Diploma of Professional Higher Education or a corresponding qualification.
Preferred: experience or skills in information technology or social sciences.
Level B2 in English language is required to begin studies in English.
tehnikateaduse magister (avatud ühiskonna tehnoloogiad)
Study programme aims and objectives
Learner achieves knowledge and skills for developing intelligent show more...
software applications (knowledge systems) that are based on big data and data analytics for contemporary inclusive and open society.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- understands the role of ICT and innovation in securing competitiveness and sustainability of organizations show more...
- designs and develops software solutions for forming online communities and supporting open e-participation
- masters main software applications and research methods (including visualisation and modelling tools) for studying data (including big and linked data) and socio-technical systems
- is able use analytical tools in developing and implementing software applications and in assessing their impact
- is able apply data analysis tools to analyse policy trends in an evidence-based way, assess their impact based on data and derive possible development directions
- knows the basic issues and specificity of open and inclusive governance, including technological and legal aspects
- has the necessary communication (oral and written), instruction, inclusive management and team-working skills for involving different partners in a multinational community and social entrepreneurship
- is ready to follow established professional, ethical and intellectual property protection principles
- is able to analyse his/her own professional activities, to plan professional growth and is able to continue studies at the PhD level
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Master thesis in English.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits