Study programme code
Study programme administrator
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HR - School of Educational Sciences
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Primary School Teacher
Language of instruction
Integrated BA and MA studies
Study programme group
teacher training and educational science
Study programme subgroup
en: Klassiõpetaja koolitus
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education. show more...
haridusteaduse magister (klassiõpetaja)
Study programme aims and objectives
- To create opportunities for the development of an ethical and active teacher;
- To form the readiness to develop pupils with different needs and personal characteristics;
- To support the formation of pedagogical-psychological, subject and subject didactical competence;
- To develop the readiness to cooperate with colleagues and parents;
- To develop the readiness for self-development and continuous learning.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- understands knowledge in child development and learning, is able to use this knowledge in supporting pupils with different abilities and personal characteristics
- can plan a study activity and analyse it pursuant to the established objectives
- can manage, as a class teacher, a learning process in the I and II school stage
- can manage a learning process until the end of compulsory school in one selected subject (minor)
- can develop a motivating learning environment for pupils
- is capable of cooperating with colleagues and parents
- can design, analyse and reflect professional development as a pedagogue
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Master’s thesis. During the studies, students are required to pass at least one course which uses a foreign language as the language of instruction. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
As an additional requirement for students who have been admitted until 2015/2016, the foreign language proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages shall correspond to B2 level, in case of students of distant and cyclical learning to B1 level, and their computer skills shall be sufficient for university studies
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits