lecturer of 2022/2023 Spring semester
Not opened for teaching. Click the study programme link below to see the nominal division schedule.
Brief description of the course
Different types of media, their representations in analog and digital form.
Digital audio recording and editing. Audio compression. Digital video recording and editing. Different formats of digital video. Video compression. Basic special-effects.
Description of independent work: Independent work includes creation and editing of audio and video clips.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student:
- knows different types of media, their representation in both – analog and digital form;
- knows principles of editing digital media;
- is able to choose suitable tools for digital media editing;
- can record and edit digital audio (including noise reduction, multitrack editing, etc.);
- can record and edit digital video (including some basic special effects etc.).