Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
DT - School of Digital Technologies
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
en: Informatsiooni- ja kommunikatsioonitehnoloogiad
Study programme group
informatics and information technology
Study programme subgroup
en: Tarkvara ja rakenduste arendus ning analüüs
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education.
Admission exam consists of:
State exam result in native or a foreign language.
Admission test and interview.
Study programme aims and objectives
To create the prerequisite for learning basic concepts, theoretical bases, most important application domains and the general trends of informatics;
Support the formation of competence in software development, to work in software development teams in various roles, including ICT management and support services;
Develop students' analytical skills, ability to apply knowledge and skills in solving practical tasks, the ability to use the professional literature and databases, and teamwork skills;
Establish conditions for the application of ICT in various areas, as well as understanding risks associated with the implementation of the ICT;
Create the conditions for lifelong learning and continuation of education on information technology-related master's curriculums on TU so than in other universities.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- knows basic computing concepts and principles, important computing applications and major developing trends show more...
- knows the ICT terminology in Estonian as well in English and is able to use this on both written and spoken form
- manages the basic methods of software development life cycle (requirements specification, design, coding, testing, documentation) including teamwork skills and has overview of software development technologies and methods
- can create and process different media types and use them in software development
- is ready to comply with professional, ethical and copyright requirements and to assess the opportunities and threats of software applications
- manages the techniques necessary for independent study and is able to plan their professional career and to continue their studies in master's level
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Bachelor’s thesis. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
As an additional requirement for students who have been admitted until 2015/2016, the foreign language proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages shall correspond to B2 level, in case of students of distant and cyclical learning to B1 level, and their computer skills shall be sufficient for university studies.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits