Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HR - School of Educational Sciences
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Study programme group
teacher training and educational science
Study programme subgroup
Nominal study period (in semesters)
An applicant must have a Bachelor´s degree or an equivalent level of preparation. show more...
For admission a student must pass an exam.
haridusteaduse magister (andragoogika)
Study programme aims and objectives
Create opportunities for:
- The conceptualisation of theoretical approaches, show more...
attitudes and processes, as well as for the critical analysis and creation of knowledge, in the fields of comprehensive lifelong learning, education (including adult education), adult studies and adult learning, also for continuing studies (including doctoral studies);
- Increasing competence in designing development processes, strategic management and assessment in organisations of different sectors in the fields of education, including adult education and training;
- Supporting and increasing the professional consciousness and identity of an adult educator;
- The development of competence that supports post-graduate work as a training manager, training adviser, training/learning counsellor, a manager of training, development and research projects, a researcher, as well as opportunities to continue studies at the doctoral level
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- conceptualises, evaluates critically and analyses the conceptions, show more...
views and processes of lifelong and life-wide learning, education, incl. the area of adult education, adult learning and adult training in Estonia and internationally
- realises and implements a strategic function of development and management processes in the support of adult development and learning and is able to create innovative solutions in a specific area of activity or professional context
- realises the professional identity of an adult educator
- mefines, analyses and counsels personal development opportunities
- values the person and his/her holistic development and opportunities for lifelong learning
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Master’s thesis. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
Since the admission of year 2016 students are required to pass during the studies at least one course which uses a foreign language as the language of instruction.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits