Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
DT - School of Digital Technologies
Study programme title in Est.
Inimese ja arvuti interaktsioon
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
en: Informatsiooni- ja kommunikatsioonitehnoloogiad
Study programme group
informatics and information technology
Study programme subgroup
en: Tarkvara ja rakenduste arendus ning analüüs
Nominal study period (in semesters)
The Master’s in Human-Computer Interaction programme is designed for students with a Bachelor level of education, show more...
who have a strong interest in interactive systems and a background, in or related to:
Social and behavioural sciences.
Level B2 in English language is required to begin studies in English
tehnikateaduse magister (inimese ja arvuti interaktsioon)
Study programme aims and objectives
The goal of the programme is to prepare human-computer interaction experts. show more...
These are specialists that understand and create technology that harmonises with and improves human capabilities, goals, and social environments through interdisciplinary research and education in computer science, design, social and behavioural sciences.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- knowledgeable about the techniques necessary for the design and development of easy to use, appealing and thoroughly thought through software and technical systems show more...
- is able to effectively lead and collaborate in the design and development of successful software and technical systems
- has necessary communication and team-working skills for involving different partners
- prepared to contribute to the multi-disciplinary teams that typically construct software and technical systems
- is ready to follow established professional, ethical and intellectual property protection principles
- is able to continue studies at the PhD level
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Master’s thesis in English. As an additional requirement for students who have been admitted until 2015/2016 the foreign language proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages shall correspond to C1 level. International students matriculated since Academic Year 2020/2021 must receive a positive result for course EKY6109.HT in order to fulfill the graduation requirements. The International student is a student without Estonian citizenship, long-term residence permit or permanent right of residence.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits