Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
DT - School of Digital Technologies
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Digital Learning Games
Language of instruction
en: Informatsiooni- ja kommunikatsioonitehnoloogiad
Study programme group
informatics and information technology
Study programme subgroup
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Bachelor’s Degree, professional higher education diploma or equivalent qualification, show more...
English skills at level B2, passing the admission exams.
Study programme aims and objectives
The curriculum aims to create conditions for the formation of a true gaming and education professionals who know how to integrate educational field, show more...
ICT and design knowledge with modern information and communications technology by using innovative educational tools that support learning and creation.
The curriculum consists of four core areas:
a) Game design and gamification
b) Interaction design
c) Educational Psychology
d) Game development
Curriculum consists of three integrated areas: pedagogy, creativity and technical knowledge.
The curriculum is practice oriented. In ideal after graduation teams will start working as learning game designers and other teaching aid creators, entrepreneurs and supporters of the teaching process at the comprehensive school (education technologist).
The curriculum is based on the total enrolment for the mandatory basic subjects, and then according to the chosen field of specialization /specialization modules taught in speciality subjects (gaming educator, education technologist, game designer, developer, producer).
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- has knowledge of the fundamentals of intercultural discourse and communication and a close understanding of the theoretical models behind the field of intercultural communication show more...
- has knowledge of gaming (also learning gaming) developments, questions and is able to offer solutions
- is capable of continuing their studies on doctoral level and/or particpate in research activities, to work as a specialist, developer in the field of learning games, also on an international level
- is able to advise educators, game designers, and IT professionals creation of serious games, which will take into account students´ development and learning, and support the learning process and the environment
- knows game based training
- is familiar with learning games´ technical possibilities and pedagogical requirements
- possesses knowledge in the field of design and technology and knows how to use this knowledge for design, creation and assessment of the learning games
- has ability of conceptual design (and logic)
- is competent to analyze his own and others´ professional activities, is able to plan further professional development and to continue self-improvement through lifelong learning, to implement effective methods necessary for independent study
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Master’s thesis. As an additional requirement for students who have been admitted until 2015/2016 the foreign language proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages shall correspond to C1 level. International students matriculated since Academic Year 2020/2021 must receive a positive result for course EKY6109.HT in order to fulfill the graduation requirements. The International student is a student without Estonian citizenship, long-term residence permit or permanent right of residence.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits