Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
FK - Baltic Film, Media, Arts and Communication School
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Humanitaaria ja kunstid
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
en: Audiovisuaalsed tehnikad ja meedia tootmine
Nominal study period (in semesters)
A secondary school leaving certificate, certificate of vocational secondary education or a corresponding qualification that facilitates access to higher education. show more...
English language skills to at least the level of Independent User (B level on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). Candidates who have graduated from an Estonian secondary school need to have passed their native language and foreign language exams. Admission exam.
Study programme aims and objectives
- To provide students with the opportunity to acquire the theoretical knowledge and skills that would ensure their readiness to begin productive creative, show more...
organisational, managerial or research activities in the fields of television broadcasting and, film producing in both traditional and new media platforms;
- To support the attainment of both theoretical knowledge and practical skills, that will nurture creative development and prepare students for careers in both creative and managerial roles in the television or film industry.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- has systematic understanding of contemporary media, television, film and AV field in general, main concepts, processes and developments show more...
- is able to critically analyse problems in media, conduct media research and associate television, film and media theories with practice
- is equipped with practical skills and experience in working with technical and creative tools of AV media
- has sufficient knowledge and skills for starting creative and organisational work in the fields of factual and fictional television, documentary and short fiction film and in the field of advertising and new media in the roles of scriptwriter, director, cinematographer, editor, proof-reader and producer
- is prepared for team-work and is able to critically analyse the creative activities of him/herself and his/her colleagues
- masters modern communication technologies and English media terminology, equipping the student for international cooperation
- understands the professional and ethical aspects of his/her actvities, values his/her role and social responsibility as journalist, television or film creator and specialist
- is able to continue their studies on the master's level, being aware of his/her strengths and weaknesses and the need for continuous education and self-development
The study programme is taught in English. In order to complete the study programme, show more...
students will need to complete all the compulsory subjects, complete all the chosen specialisation and focus modules and defend their Bachelor’s thesis.
The study programme requires students to pass one foreign language at the level of C1 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and pass the computer test required for studies at higher education level.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits