Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
LT - School of Natural Sciences and Health
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
en: Sotsiaalteadused, ajakirjandus ja teave
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education.
- Admission exam 100%
Study programme aims and objectives
- Create the preconditions for acquiring thorough and applicable knowledge of contemporary psychology;
- Form systematic knowledge of the theoretical foundations, research fields and methods of psychology;
- Create the preconditions for acquiring deeper knowledge of psychology or human studies;
- Form awareness of the ethical and professional standards of applying psychology, ability to distinguish between the scientific approach and pseudo-science;
- Develop the ability to introduce the essence of psychology, communicate with different target groups and discuss specific psychological knowledge in the broader context of culture and society;
- Develop the skills to critically analyze psychological texts, research results and projects;
- Develop the ability to orient in psychological literature, find necessary information and evaluate it critically;
- Create the preconditions for continued professional development (graduate studies) and for working in positions/fields requiring psychological knowledge.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- has knowledge of the principles and possibilities of applying scientific psychology show more...
- has systematic knowledge of the theoretical foundations, research fields and methods of contemporary psychology
- is aware of the ethical and professional standards of applying psychology, ability to distinguish between the scientific approach and pseudo-science
- has knowledge of the methodology of scientific research in psychology
- is able to introduce the essence of psychology, communicate with different target groups and discuss specific psychological knowledge in the broader context of culture and society
- is able to critically analyze psychological texts, research results and projects
- is able to orient in psychological literature, find necessary information and evaluate it critically
- is able to critically evaluate one´s knowledge and skills and use that as basis to shape one's psychological self-education
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and passing the Bachelor’s examination. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
As an additional requirement for students who have been admitted until 2015/2016, the foreign language proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages shall correspond to B2 level, in case of students of distant and cyclical learning to B1 level, and their computer skills shall be sufficient for university studies.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits