Brief description of the course
Human body structure: cell, tissue, organs, organic systems. Main principles of physiology. Structure and function of cardio-vascular and respiration systems. The structure and physiology of uro-genital organ. Alimentation and digestion. The physiology of regulation devices (endocrine- and nervous system). Structure and main principles of locomotor system (skeleton, joints, muscles). Structure and functions of sense organs.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student:
- knows the organs contained in each organ system and indicate their functions;
- can describe the structure of each organ, specifying the tissues contained in it and the minor constituents of the organ in relation to its function;
- can highlight the possibilities of joint movement and systematises the muscles into groups according to the above;
- can describe the work of different organs by answering the question of how they function;
- can explain the functioning of the body as a whole, linking it to regulatory systems and cardiovascular and respiratory function.