Study programme code
Study programme administrator
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
LT - School of Natural Sciences and Health
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Integrated Natural Sciences
Language of instruction
en: Loodusteadused, matemaatika ja statistika
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education.
- Admission exam 100%
Study programme aims and objectives
1. To support the acquisition of skills and practices in integrated natural, exact and social sciences. Specifically:
- To create prerequisites for comprehending and applying various disciplines in natural sciences integratively and with varying thoroughness;
- To create prerequisites for comprehending and applying the principles of sustainable development in various fields (environment, economy, society) at various levels (personal, community, global);
- To create possibilities for applying information technology creatively for research, education and development in natural sciences;
2. To create prerequisites for determining needs for personal development and lifelong learning.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- has knowledge about the disciplines of natural sciences and their integrity with other fields of science show more...
- can create connections between natural sciences and other fields of science
- can apply analytical and systems thinking for solving problems in natural sciences and creating implications for the society
- has acquired the skills for argumentation, academic writing, oral communication and public performing and knows how to use these skills in his/her professional life
- is aware of the need for personal development and has obtained versatile skills for lifelong learning
- is capable of professional communication with different target groups, can apply specific knowledge in a wider clutural context
- has acquired advanced knowledge and skills according to the chosen major in one field of natural sciences or integrated knowledge and skills in many fields of natural sciences
- can apply the acquired knowledge and skills according to the chosen major to resolve issues connected to sustainable development and influence behaviour patterns of him-/herself and fellow people
- knows the most common applications in information technology according to the chosen major, can use them creatively in practice and can give input for their development
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Bachelor’s thesis. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits