Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HR - School of Educational Sciences
Study programme title in Est.
Mitme aine õpetaja
study programme title in Engl.
Teacher of Several Subjects
Language of instruction
Study programme group
teacher training and educational science
Study programme subgroup
en: Aineõpetajate koolitus
Nominal study period (in semesters)
The candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree or an equivalent qualification which includes training for subjects taught in comprehensive schools at the university level:
- a total of 60 ECTS in two subjects for a teacher with two minors. If the aforementioned prerequisite has not been fulfilled, a level module must be completed.
- a total of 84 ECTS in two subjects for a teacher with two minors and an additional competence.
- a total of 108 ECTS in two subjects for a teacher with three minors.
An entrance exam is an admission requirement.
haridusteaduse magister (mitme aine õpetaja)
Study programme aims and objectives
- to give consistent academic education in the field of education and teacher training in the speciality of teacher of several subjects;
- to support a science- and research-based approach in teaching and readiness for continuous professional development;
- to support the formation of connections between specialty studies and university placement;
- to give competence to work as a teacher of several subjects (specify the level of education, if needed); readiness for further studies, incl. doctoral studies.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- is familiar with the main concepts, theories and research methods in pedagogy, their specialty, the subject and didactics and is able to apply them in teaching show more...
- analyses different pedagogical paradigms and critically assesses the possibilities for their application
- creates inter-disciplinary links between pedagogical-psychological knowledge and knowledge in the specialty
- is able to describe and analyse the pedagogical process and factors influencing it, incl. self-reflection, further professional development and planning changes in the learning process
- with independent research demonstrates detailed knowledge in the area of educational sciences and teacher education in the field of teacher of several subjects in the Estonian language and in the language important for the specialty
- is ready to participate in civil society and follows ethic principles
- is able to use different educational and scientific methods and education technological means in teaching a subject and learning, and for analysing and shaping the learning environment, assessing students' development, knows different methods of communicating specialised knowledge
- is able to work in a team and as a team leader while including different partners: students, colleagues and other partners in the educational system
- is prepared to continue his/her studies at a Doctoral level
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Master’s thesis. During the studies, students are required to pass at least one course which uses a foreign language as the language of instruction. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits
teacher training courses