Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HT - School of Humanities
Study programme title in Est.
Vene keele ja kirjanduse õpetaja
study programme title in Engl.
Teacher of Russian Language and Literature
Language of instruction
Study programme group
teacher training and educational science
Study programme subgroup
en: Aineõpetajate koolitus
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Bakalaureusekraad or an equivalent level of qualification. Russian language B2-level. show more...
Admission is based on the results of the vocational aptitude exam.
Study programme aims and objectives
- To support integral possession of academic pedagogical education in the field of the Russian language and literature;
- To support competence formation for working as a teacher of the Russian language and literature, as well as readiness to continue the studies, including PhD level.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- knows basic terms, theories and research methods in the general pedagogic, special, subject and didactics field show more...
- is able to differentiate various pedagogic paradigmas and critically measures possibilities for their application
- is able to create cross-disciplinary connections between the knowledge in pedagogical-psycological studies and the Russian language, literature and culture
- is able to describe and analyze the pedagogical process and its influence agents (including self-reflection) for perfomance in the future
- demonstrates deep knowledge in the pedagogical, teacher training and the Russian language and literature field in Russian, Estonian and one other foreign language via independent research
- is ready to participate in the social life and follows ethics connected to the work of a teacher of the Russian language and literature
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Master’s thesis. During the studies, students are required to pass at least one course which uses a foreign language as the language of instruction. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits
teacher training courses