Study programme code
Study programme administrator
Linda Helene Sillat
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
DT - School of Digital Technologies
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
en: Informatsiooni- ja kommunikatsioonitehnoloogiad
Study programme group
informatics and information technology
Study programme subgroup
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Bachelor´s Degree, Diploma of Professional Higher Education or a corresponding qualification;
The motivation letter should be submitted and the acceptance exam must be passed for the acceptance. The exam is conducted as an interview centering on the applicant student’s motivation for effectively completing the studies for obtaining the competences of educational technologist, and on his previous experiences regarding educational technology, additionally the applicant has to prove his understanding of subject related text in English.
tehnikateaduse magister (haridustehnoloogia)
Study programme aims and objectives
To support the development of specialists with knowledge and competences in educational technology, show more...
who can together with other stakeholders in their future working places and by involving practice communities in the field implement, develop and support effective learning-management and knowledge-building solutions with digital technology for organizations, and create, practice and lead the innovative, learner-centered and involving learning cultures.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- knows the educational principles in educational technology and their development trends, show more...
explains actual problems and solution possibilities and associates these with different aspects of learning
- effectively organizes and supports the learning activities of different domains using educational technology, develops personal and others´ learning environment, guides teachers and learners to support learning and learning motivation and to integrate educational technology into learning activities, guides the development of educational technology at the institution
- applies scientific methods and educational technology tools to analyze learning process and learning environment, to evaluate learners´ development and to support educational technology innovation
- participates in professional discussion, topic communities and international networks
- analyzes personal professional activities and plans professional development both in academic and in vocational spheres, also internationally
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Master’s thesis. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
Since the admission of year 2016 students are required to pass during the studies at least one course which uses a foreign language as the language of instruction.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits