Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
LT - School of Natural Sciences and Health
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
en: Reisimine, turism ja vaba aja veetmine
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Bachelor´s Degree, Diploma of Professional Higher Education show more...
or a corresponding qualification
sotsiaalteaduse magister (rekreatsioonikorraldus)
Study programme aims and objectives
- To support the development of academic competence and critical thinking in the study field of personal services, show more...
to improve health and wellbeing through leisure and recreation organisation;
- To create possibilities for obtaining systematic, interdisciplinary and comprehensive knowledge of leisure and recreation organisation and health and wellbeing improvement;
- To create prerequisites for developing the various skills and knowledge that make it possible to analyse and evaluate the organisation and implementation of interventions in the leisure and recreation domain in order to shape health and wellbeing at the level of the individual, the organisation and the society;
- To develop the skills necessary for preparing, creating and evaluating a thesis;
- To create prerequisites for the implementation of professional competence in interdisciplinary projects, posts and areas that require the intervention of leisure and recreation organisation to support health and wellbeing;
- To continue studies in doctoral studies or plan a career in other academic domains.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- has knowledge of organizational and managerial activities show more...
- has willingness to follow professional and ethical requirements
- is able to plan and manage a variety of organizational processes, to design environments necessary for activities and to guide the planning and the execution of activities
- is able to work as a team and as a team leader, to organize recreational activities with different partners - governments, non-profit associations, private companies, public structures, and other partners
- is able to use scientific methods, professional information in the various development plans, analyze the development and to assess the efficacy of activities
- is able to analyze personal professional activities and to plan the development of specialty
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Master’s thesis. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
As an additional requirement for students who have been admitted until 2015/2016, the foreign language proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages shall correspond to B2 level, in case of students of distant and cyclical learning to B1 level, and their computer skills shall be sufficient for university studies. Since the admission of year 2016 students are required to pass during the studies at least one course which uses a foreign language as the language of instruction.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits