Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HR - School of Educational Sciences
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Study programme group
teacher training and educational science
Study programme subgroup
en: Aineõpetajate koolitus
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Bachelor´s degree or equivalent qualification in a field taught show more...
in a vocational education institution or applied higher education institution or higher education in another field and vocational education. Entrance examination.
Study programme aims and objectives
- to create opportunities for acquiring comprehensive academic education and the competences required for working as a vocational teacher;
- to develop an understanding of the functions of vocational education in the society;
- to support the development of preparedness for life-long learning, including the continuation of studies on the doctoral level;
- to develop the competencies for creating a learning environment which supports development.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- understands the key terms, theories and research methods in educational science, vocational education and didactics show more...
- critically evaluates different educational paradigms and their application possibilities in creating a learning environment
- establishes interdisciplinary links between pedagogic and specialty-based knowledge
- analyses pedagogic processes and the factors affecting these processes from the viewpoint of the comprehensive development needs of the learner
- analyses and plans own self-improvement based on vocational teachers‘ professionals doings
- demonstrates through independent research his/her in-depth knowledge in the field of educational science and teacher training both in Estonian and in a foreign language
- is prepared to work as a vocational teacher and to participate in the civil society by following ethical principles
- understands the links between vocational education, the society and the economy on the national and international level
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Master’s thesis. During the studies, students are required to pass at least one course which uses a foreign language as the language of instruction. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits
teacher training courses