Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
LT - School of Natural Sciences and Health
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Tervis ja heaolu
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
en: Teraapia ja taastusravi
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Bachelor’s degree in Arts Therapies or corresponding qualification, show more...
which includes health and psychology related training, art-related preparation corresponding to the area of specialisation (music school, art school, dance school, theatre school, etc), basic training in Arts Therapies (at least 14 ECTS) and experience of work with children, youth or adults.
terviseteaduse magister (kunstiteraapiad)
Study programme aims and objectives
Provide opportunities for the students:
- To acquire systematic knowledge in arts therapies;
- To achieve professional competence in the application of arts therapies on the psychotherapeutic, functional, palliative, diagnostic and recreative level of intervention (in the field of music therapy, visual art therapy, drama therapy or dance and movement therapy) and scientific approach to therapeutic practice;
- To view the area of arts therapies in a wider healthcare and societal context;
- To acquire capability to determine personal needs for shaping one's professional further education.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- has a systematic overview of relationship between health and creativity, the basic principles, theories, fields of application and research of arts therapies show more...
- has knowledge and skills for psychotherapeutic, functional, palliative, recreational and diagnostic application of arts therapies with various client groups and has advanced knowledge in a narrower field of arts therapies
- is able to plan and critically analyse therapeutic activities and assess the outcome
- is aware of ethical aspects of one´s activity, and is capable to draw on evidence based practice when planning one's professional activities
- has knowledge of organisation of health care system and has practical experience as a member of multidisciplinary work-group in health care institution
- has skills for accomplishing research and ability to assess critically research in one's field of study
- is capable to determine individual development opportunities and learning needs and preconditions for continuing studies at doctoral level
- is able to communicate with various client groups, present one's standpoint with argumentation in professional discussion and expand upon one's field related topics in the wider health care and societal context
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Master’s thesis. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
As an additional requirement for students who have been admitted until 2015/2016, the foreign language proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages shall correspond to B2 level, in case of students of distant and cyclical learning to B1 level, and their computer skills shall be sufficient for university studies. Since the admission of year 2016 students are required to pass during the studies at least one course which uses a foreign language as the language of instruction.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits