Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HK - Haapsalu College
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Applied Computer Science
Language of instruction
Professional Higher Education studies
en: Informatsiooni- ja kommunikatsioonitehnoloogiad
Study programme group
informatics and information technology
Study programme subgroup
en: Andmebaaside ja võrgu disain ning haldus
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education.
Study programme aims and objectives
- To create preconditions for learning about the main application fields and development trends of informatics;
- to support the development of IT-related competencies, i.e., software development and design; to provide basic knowledge and skills in order to design multimedia-based software;
- to create preconditions for professional self-development and lifelong learning; to support the development of IT in the region.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- knows how to integrate and implement IT in different fields show more...
- can analyse, design and test different kinds of multimedia elements and use these in software development
- can choose and apply appropriate tools, technologies and methods for software development
- can communicate with clients and business partners
- understands the need for professional development and readiness for life-long learning
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the final portfolio. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
As an additional requirement for students who have been admitted until 2015/2016, the foreign language proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages shall correspond to B2 level, in case of students of distant and cyclical learning to B1 level, and their computer skills shall be sufficient for university studies.
2016/2017 academic year, providing for the termination condition of English proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages shall correspond to B2 level and the student should complete at least one course in English.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits