Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
LT - School of Natural Sciences and Health
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
en: Loodusteadused, matemaatika ja statistika
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
en: Keskkond, mujal liigitamata
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Bachelor´s Degree, Diploma of Professional Higher Education or a corresponding qualification in environmental management.
Study programme aims and objectives
- To acquire professional competence enabling the graduates show more...
to work as environmental management specialists who are capable of designing and implementing environmental policies and programmes for government or private institutions or organisations;
- To gain a qualification for working as managers of environmental management systems.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- comprehends the basics of strategic thinking and its applications in environmental policies show more...
- is familiar with decision making theories and has skills in applying decision making techniques in problem solving
- has the ability to apply matematical concepts, including statistics in data processing
- has the capability to undertake independent research and work collaboratively with other professionals in environmental management
- has capability for working effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary working group and working collaboratively with different stakeholders to achieve environmentally, economically and socially balanced decision-making
- is able to identify, define, and solve problems pertient to professional practice or daily life through logical, analytical and critical thinking
- can search, retrieve and interpret scientific publications in the field of environmental management
- understands ethical, economical and legal factors of environmental issues
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Master’s thesis. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
As an additional requirement for students who have been admitted until 2015/2016, the foreign language proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages shall correspond to B2 level and their computer skills shall be sufficient for university studies.
Since the admission of year 2016 students are required to pass during the studies at least one course which uses a foreign language as the language of instruction.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits