Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
DT - School of Digital Technologies
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Management of Information Technology
Language of instruction
en: Ärindus, haldus ja õigus
Study programme group
business and administration
Study programme subgroup
en: Juhtimine ja haldus
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Bachelor´s Degree, Diploma of Professional Higher Education or a corresponding qualification;
At least one year professional experience in the field of ICT;
Admission test: motivation letter (up to 2 pages); an oral test of English; conversation (weight 2). The aim of the conversation is to verify the competence of the applicant in IT, find out his/her expectations towards the studies, possible topic of the thesis and plans for professional career.
ärijuhtimise magister (infotehnoloogia juhtimine)
Study programme aims and objectives
To provide the students with conditions that support the development of:
Wide-profiled professional competences in ICT management (plan and implement IT systems and ensure their functioning);
Research based and innovative approaches in working on relevant positions as well as readiness for personal professional development;
Competences necessary for working on ICT management related professions (CIO, ICT manager, ICT project manager etc);
Competences that allow doctoral studies and academic research careers.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- knows theoretical foundations of ICT systems, basic issues and development trends show more...
- is able independently to analyse ICT processes, assess the impact of changes to the basic processes of the enterprise and use scientific methods in planning and implementing ICT strategies
- is able to manage maintenance and development of ICT services in a company and to find innovative and adequate solutions in changing and unexpected situations
- has necessary communication and team-working skills for involving different partners
- is ready to follow established professional, ethical and intellectual property protection principles, analyse its own professional activities and plan professional growth
- tolerates different values and attitudes, actively participate in civic society
- is able to continue studies at the PhD level
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Master’s thesis. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
As an additional requirement for students who have been admitted until 2015/2016, the foreign language proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages shall correspond to B2 level, in case of students of distant and cyclical learning to B1 level, and their computer skills shall be sufficient for university studies. Since the admission of year 2016 students are required to pass during the studies at least one course which uses a foreign language as the language of instruction.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits