Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HT - School of Humanities
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Humanitaaria ja kunstid
Study programme group
languages and cultures
Study programme subgroup
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education. show more...
Russian as a foreign language B2 exam. Admission is based on the results of national exams and the vocational aptitude exam.
Study programme aims and objectives
- To create opportunities for students for assimilating theoretical knowledge in the field of Russian Philology and for employment of this knowledge;
- To create premises for innovating activities in recognising and solving problems in the philology sphere, for the formation of the systematic thinking;
- To support studets in their maiden researches on their choosen themes;
- To create premises for carrying on their studies as the Master students or any special additional studies;
- To support students cultural and ethical values development.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- has acquired vast knowledge and skills
- is able to consider Russian philology in extensive context of the cultural and social sciences show more...
- is able to amalgamate received theoretical knowledge in the sphere of the linguistics and literature with practical skills in the Russian language and literature area
- understands interdisciplinary connections of the received knowledge of Russian language, literature and culture with world literatures and cultures
- is able to give a critical valuation to special sources and to defend his/her own standpoint, well-informed of scholar ethical values in the sphere of science and culture
- is able to analyse different philological texts, which promotes special philological problems systematic considering and solving
- is able to carry on a philological scholarly research and present received results
- is able to work in the sphere, where knowledge of Russian language and culture is needed, e.g. an editor at the publishing house, editorial offices or in other mass media channels
- is able to define his/her developmental needs and is equipped to pursue master's studies
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and passing the Bachelor’s examination. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
As an additional requirement for students who have been admitted until 2015/2016, the foreign language proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages shall correspond to B2 level, in case of students of distant and cyclical learning to B1 level, and their computer skills shall be sufficient for university studies.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits
+ MAIN SPECIALITY: Russian philologist
+ MINOR FIELD OF STUDY MODULE: Russian Language and Literature
- To provide prerequisites to gain the opportunity to teach Russian language and literature up to the end of 9th grade;
- Provide conditions to enable the acquisition of a theoretical knowledge of Russian language;
- Introduce the main theories of the subject and the methods of linguistic analysis.
- Provide conditions enhancing independent language analysis;
- Support the acquiring of knowledge on different historical periods of Russian literature;
- Enhance the development of skill to distinguish and perceive connections between different periods in history and literary history;
- To enhance to knowledge of theory of prose and poetry and their application in practical analysis of a literary work.
- Opportunity to teach Russian language and literature up to the end of 9th Grade;
- Knowledge on the system of Russian language and of the usage of the Language, awareness of subject related vocabulary;
- Orientates in Russian phonetics;
- Is able to analyse Russian word formation;
- Knows Russian morphology and syntax;
- Is able to compose grammatically correct text in Russian;
- Has an overview of Russian literature in various periods;
- Knows the reference and scientific works dealing with different periods of Russian literature;
- Is able to analyse shorter prose and poetic texts;
- Is able to find connections between literature, cultural life and history.
approximate amount of contact lessons