Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
YK - School of Governance, Law and Society
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Tervis ja heaolu
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
en: Heaolu, mujal liigitamata
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Bachelor´s Degree, Diploma of Professional Higher Education or a corresponding qualification. show more...
Proficiency in English at a minimum B2 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
sotsiaalteaduse magister (sotsiaalne ettevõtlus)
Study programme aims and objectives
The objective of the study program is to provide the students show more...
with conditions that promotes the development of social entrepreneurship in order to increase social cohesion and environmental sustainability.
The students will gain an understanding of the field of social entrepreneurship and get skills for creating innovative responses to critical social problems in a sustainable way, with the help of modern business development approaches. They will get the needed competencies for working in a collaborative development process in a multidisciplinary, innovation related environment both in the public and private sector.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- are able to develop new social enterprises and entrepreneurship activities with a strong emphasis on social impact from concept design to execution show more...
- are able to introduce and manage innovations, acquires advanced digital skills in order to work cost-effectively and sustainably
- have the relevant analytical skills to identify new markets and social opportunities. Being able to conduct both academic and market oriented research related to social impact oriented entrepreneurship
- demonstrates advanced knowledge in project finance, project management, project evaluation, product design, business modelling, marketing and organisation
- acquires leadership and decision-making skills, the capability to work in teams and deliver results in an ethically conscious working environment
- demonstrates advanced communication skills and the ability to build teams and personal networks with managers, developers, designers, entrepreneurs, professionals and users of the welfare field, and consultants from different industries and countries
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Master_s thesis. Master’s thesis can be submitted in form of group thesis in case students work an complex project implementation and their thesis is related to that.
International students matriculated since Academic Year 2020/2021 must receive a positive result for course EKY6109.HT Estonian A1 and Estonian culture in order to fulfill the graduation requirements. The International student is a student without Estonian citizenship, long-term residence permit or permanent right of residence.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits