Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
LT - School of Natural Sciences and Health
Study programme title in Est.
Heaolu ja tervisekäitumine
study programme title in Engl.
Well-Being and Health Behaviour
Language of instruction
Tervis ja heaolu
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
en: Heaolu, mujal liigitamata
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Bachelor’s degree, professional higher education diploma or a respective qualification from a study programme from a field of education, show more...
social sciences, business and administration, natural and exact sciences, health and well-being or service. Command of English at the level B2 of the European Language Portfolio or higher, the compliance with the requirements of university studies is proved by a certificate attesting that an internationally recognized language test has been passed or the result of a state examination of the Republic of Estonia.
sotsiaalteaduse magister (heaolu ja tervisekäitumine)
Study programme aims and objectives
- To support the development of academic excellence, competence and critical thinking in the field of problems of well-being and health behaviour;
- To create possibilities for the acquisition of systemic and comprehensive knowledge in the fields of well-being and health behaviour;
- To create the preconditions for the acquisition of expertise for working at different positions that require knowledge in the fields of well-being and health behaviour;
- To create the preconditions for the development of different skills and knowledge that enable to continue studies in the doctoral studies of the field of well-being and health behaviour, or to develop a career in other academic fields;
- To develop the necessary skills for research and the implementation of research skills in the fields of the study programme;
- To create the possibilities for evidence-based planning, implementation and evaluation of interventions in of well-being and health behaviour on individual, organisational and societal level.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- knows the basic concepts of well-being and health behaviour, understands the theoretical bases and interdisciplinary nature of these fields. show more...
- has systematic overview and broad knowledge of concepts, theories and research methods of the field of well-being and health behaviour and knows how to find necessary material.
- is capable of identifying and defining problems, and systematise different methods of analysis as appropriate.
- is able to gather and systematise empirical data for solving research problems and is capable of independently preparing and conducting small-scale scientific and other studies in the fields of well-being and health behaviour.
- is able to act ethically in complex situations, be aware of the ethical aspects, possibilities, restrictions and social role of his or her activities and be able to provide reasoned assessment in issues concerning his or her field of study.
- possesses the expertise for working at different positions that require knowledge in the fields of well-being and health behaviour, and is able to continue studies in Estonian and European doctoral study programmes.
In order to graduate, the student must complete the study programme in the indicated volume that includes the completion of all compulsory courses, show more...
and the compilation and defence of the Master’s thesis.
International students matriculated since Academic Year 2020/2021 must receive a positive result for course EKY6109.HT in order to fulfill the graduation requirements. The International student is a student without Estonian citizenship, long-term residence permit or permanent right of residence.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits