Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
FK - Baltic Film, Media and Arts School
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Humanitaaria ja kunstid
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
en: Muusika ja esituskunstid
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education.
National examinations: mother tongue (estonian school) or for graduates from Russian-medium schools national examination in Estonian 50%;
Entrance examination: a speciality-specific test, solfeggio, the piano, an interview.
Study programme aims and objectives
To support the development of initial competencies for working as an instructor of amateur choirs, show more...
vocal instrumental ensembles and soloists or an instructor of youth and adult amateur orchestras;
To create prerequisites for further studies for a master’s degree in preschool and basic school music teacher’s specialisation, upper-secondary school and primary music school teacher’s specialisation.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- obtains integrated knowledge about practical and theoretical musical possibilities and deeper knowledge in chosen special areas show more...
- is enabled to interpret and perform music according to requirements
- is able to analyse music in terms of harmony, form and style
- is prepared to apply acquired knowledge and proficiency to musical activity
- has possessed special computer software connected with music
- has acquired musical knowledge for continuing studies in the Master level
In order to graduate, a student has to complete the required amount of the curriculum, including passing compulsory subjects, preparing and defending a thesis, etc.
The curriculum provides the following requirements for graduation: proficiency in one foreign language at B2 level of the Common European Framework, computer skills relevant to university studies, for graduates from Russian-medium schools, proficiency in the Estonian language at C1 level of the Common European Framework.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits