for supporting the professional development and identity of a university lecturer;
for discerning the learning opportunities; realizing and analyzing the roles of the lecturer and understanding the context of the profession within the university study process;
for creativity and skills for supporting the students´ learning in the university context;
for understanding and analyzing experience, learning and directing self-development;
for developing the skills of self-analysis, interaction and teaching, as well as stimulating creative activeness.
Brief description of the course
The meaning of university and the context of the lecturer´s profession. Learning and teaching at university.
Learning in adulthood. Essence of learning: approaches and theories of learning.
University student as a learner. Opportunities for supporting the learning of university students.
A lecturer influencing group processes.
Supervision and feedback.
Learning process follows the principles of problem learning and interactive learning, is centred around interaction and the learner.
In the learning process, the development of group processes is important; this is the foundation for learning through experience during the whole course and it requires active participation in auditorium work.
Combined approaches are used during the subject course: methods that are interaction and activity centred, self-analysis, group discussions, case analysis.
Participating is possible for PhD student's beginning from second year.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student:
- understands the professional context and roles of the lecturer position;
- understands the essence of learning and of teaching students;
- notices and analyzes problematic situations in a learning process and is able to find alternative ways and options in problem solving;
- designs a university-level course, which includes development and/or selection of learning objectives, syllabus, lectures, participative learning activities, reading materials, and evaluation tools;
- critically evaluates and analyzes oneself as a learner and a university teacher, relying on his/her own resources.