Study programme code
Head of study programme
Timo Tobias Ley
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
DT - School of Digital Technologies
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Information Society Technologies
Language of instruction
en: Informatsiooni- ja kommunikatsioonitehnoloogiad
Study programme group
informatics and information technology
Study programme subgroup
en: Tarkvara ja rakenduste arendus ning analüüs
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Master degree in the field of ICT or corresponding qualification.
Admissions exam: interview on the topic of previously submitted plan for the doctoral thesis; the plan should be approved by the expected supervisor.
filosoofiadoktor (infoühiskonna tehnoloogiad)
Study programme aims and objectives
To provide conditions for preparing specialists with the highest scientific qualification in ICT area;
To support development of research based and innovative approaches for working on appropriate positions as well as readiness for continuous personal professional development;
To support development of competences for working on academic positions (researcher, lecturer) or as senior specialist in public, private or third sector.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- is internationally known specialist in an ICT problem area; has exhaustive knowledge and skills in a narrower area of the PhD thesis show more...
- is able to use adequate scientific methods and technologies for determining as well in analysing and solving ICT related problems
- is able to compose high level scientific and popular publications and presentations
- is able to work in a multinational team and as a team leader involve different partners; possesses necessary communication skills
- is able to find innovative and adequate solutions in changing and unexpected situations
- is independent and responsible in analysing, diagnosing, making decisions and implementations
- is ready to follow established professional, ethical and intellectual property protection principles
- is ready to analyse its own professional activities as well plan and realize personal professional growth; possesses skills of effective independent learning
A student needs to complete the curricular studies in full load, incl. completion of all the compulsory courses,
compose and defend a PhD thesis.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits