Study programme code
Study programme administrator
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
YK - School of Governance, Law and Society
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
en: Sotsiaalteadused, ajakirjandus ja teave
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
en: Sotsioloogia ja kulturoloogia
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Magistrikraad or an equivalent qualification;
Admission examination: show more...
initial research proposal for the PhD thesis and interview
Study programme aims and objectives
- To create opportunities for acquiring the highest scientific qualification in sociology;
- To support developing of knowledge and skills to act as an independent professional expert;
- To create conditions for independent academic work in teaching and research in universities or research institutions.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- has broad knowledge and systematic overview of sociological research fields, methods and theoretical perspectives show more...
- is able to orient in scientific sociological literature, is able to find the necessary information, to critically evaluate, analyze and synthesize the information
- is able to plan and conduct professional international scientific and development activities based on the principles of ISA (International Sociological Association) code of ethics and to critically analyze and evaluate the results
- is able to participate in international professional and social discussion, to present research findings and affect social decision-making processes
- is able to critically analyze the prevailing norms of society
- has competence to work as a research fellow, lecturer and expert
Completion of the curriculum and the defence of the doctoral thesis.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits