Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
LT - School of Natural Sciences and Health
Study programme title in Est.
Tervisekäitumine ja heaolu
study programme title in Engl.
Health Behaviour and Wellbeing
Language of instruction
Tervis ja heaolu
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
en: Heaolu, mujal liigitamata
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Master's degree or equivalent national or foreign qualification show more...
in specialties related to health behaviour and well-being
Study programme aims and objectives
- To create conditions for the acquisition of broad-based and systemic in-depth education in health behaviour and wellbeing, show more...
and for independent scientific research at an internationally recognised leve;.
- To develop one’s capacity to act as a researcher or lecturer in the domain of health sciences, and to acquire a global, holistic and sustainable ideology in health sciences;
- To support the development of scientists with independent research skills into highly qualified lecturers, research employees and experts for research and development institutions, higher education institutions and agencies in the sector of health.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- has broad knowledge and a systemic overview of health behaviour and wellbeing, and thorough knowledge in the narrower part of one’s research area show more...
- knows how to use research and data analysis methods, how to formulate research questions and hypotheses of relations between health, behaviour and environment, how to manipulate them independently and creatively and to form generalisations
- is able to assess his/her own activities and those of others in the context of research ethics, understands the possibilities and restrictions of science and its role in the society, and human responsibility in using scientific achievements
- is able to critically assess the meaning and scope of knowledge and research methods within and outside of the domain of health behaviour and wellbeing as well as the practical applicability of research results
- knows how to analyse arguments and is capable of presenting and reasoning his/her research results to professionals as well as to the public at large
- has management and teamwork skills, and can take creative and strategically sustainable decisions
- knows how to write a scientific article and finds publication opportunities
- understands the need for continuing training and professional development, is capable of passing on his/her learning outcomes through supervising and teaching
In order to complete the study programme, the student must pass the programme in specified volume, show more...
including the defence of a doctoral thesis.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits