Study programme code
Head of study programme
David Jose Ribeiro Lamas
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
DT - School of Digital Technologies
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Information Society Technologies
Language of instruction
en: Informatsiooni- ja kommunikatsioonitehnoloogiad
Study programme group
informatics and information technology
Study programme subgroup
en: Tarkvara ja rakenduste arendus ning analüüs
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Master degree in the field of ICT or corresponding qualification.
Admissions exam: interview on the topic of previously submitted plan for the doctoral thesis; the plan should be approved by the expected supervisor.
filosoofiadoktor (infoühiskonna tehnoloogiad)
Study programme aims and objectives
- To provide conditions for preparing specialists with the highest scientific qualification in ICT area;
- To support development of research based and innovative approaches for working on appropriate positions as well as readiness for continuous personal professional development;
- To support development of competences for working on academic positions (researcher, lecturer) or as senior specialist in public, private or third sector.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- is internationally known specialist in an ICT problem area; has exhaustive knowledge and skills in a narrower area of the PhD thesis show more...
- is able to use adequate scientific methods and technologies for determining as well in analysing and solving ICT related problems
- is able to compose high level scientific and popular publications and presentations
- is able to work in a multinational team and as a team leader involve different partners; possesses necessary communication skills
- is able to find innovative and adequate solutions in changing and unexpected situations
- is independent and responsible in analysing, diagnosing, making decisions and implementations
- is ready to follow established professional, ethical and intellectual property protection principles
- is ready to analyse its own professional activities as well plan and realize personal professional growth; possesses skills of effective independent learning
A student needs to complete the curricular studies in full load, incl. completion of all the compulsory courses,
compose and defend a PhD thesis.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits