Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
YK - School of Governance, Law and Society
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Tervis ja heaolu
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
en: Sotsiaaltöö ja nõustamine
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Masters' degree or equalized qualification in social work or related fields (social sciences, public health, educational sciences).
Admission exam: presentation of the project of the doctoral thesis and interview based on the project.
Candidates with master’s degree in related fields shall additionally pass a written exam in social work.
Study programme aims and objectives
- to create opportunities for acquiring the highest scientific qualification in social work;
- to support development of competencies for professional career as an independent expert in the field of social work;
- to create pre-conditions for the development of a new generation of researchers and lecturers with independent research skills for institutions of higher education and for social welfare and health institutions.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- has expanded knowledge and systematic overview in social work, in-depth knowledge on specific research topic show more...
- possesses knowledge and skills for implementation of social and health sciences research methods
- has skills for independent critical analyzis and synthesis
- has knowledge and skills for participating in international research and development activities
- is able to plan, implement and critically evaluate professional research and development actions
- is able to present the results of research in written and unwritten way in Estonian and international scientific communication (in conferences and in scientific publications)
- is able to devide specialized knowledge, to supervise scientific works and to arrange professional studies
- is able to participate in social discussions, to present results of research in argumentated form and to give influences towards social decision making processes
In order to complete the curriculum, the doctoral student must show more...
complete all modules of the curriculum in the given workload by passing respective exams for courses and successfully defend the doctoral thesis
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits