Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HT - School of Humanities
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Humanitaaria ja kunstid
Study programme group
languages and cultures
Study programme subgroup
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education. show more...
Admission is based on the results of national exams and the vocational aptitude exam.
Study programme aims and objectives
- To enable the students to develop wider knowledge on Middle Eastern and Asian cultures, and to create possibilities for studying the chosen speciality;
- To create prerequisites for continuing studies in the MA programme of Asian Studies;
- To enable the student to work on positions, which require knowledge on the cultures and languages of Middle East and Asia.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- has acquired the required level in at least one Asian language according to the chosen main speciality show more...
- has knowledge of the history and culture of the region corresponding to the main speciality
- is able to analyse and apply theoretical as well as practical knowledge of the region corresponding to the main speciality in research
- has broad knowledge of the history and culture of Middle Eastern and Asian countries
- is able to analyse the historical events of Middle East and Asia in wider context
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Bachelor’s thesis or passing the Bachelor’s examination. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits