Course title in Estonian
Hiina keel B1.2
Course title in English
Chinese Language B1.2
lecturer of 2023/2024 Spring semester
Li Liu (language of instruction:English)
lecturer of 2024/2025 Autumn semester
Not opened for teaching. Click the study programme link below to see the nominal division schedule.
The course aims on giving a knowledge in all constituent skills in Chinese language level B1.2.
Brief description of the course
During the course will be learned to read and write 250 new Chinese characters (1200 in total) and their usage in sentences. Students will learn to initiate, maintain and close simple face-to-face conversation without any preparation. As well as use simple language tools to describe, analyze and compare unfamiliar events. There will be learned to read simple literature pieces, watch part of the films, user manuals and simple brochures. To write reports in standard formats will also be learned.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student:
- is able to write and read required 1200 Chinese characters in texts;
- is able to follow the main points of extended discussions delivered relatively slowly, and understands factual information about common everyday or job related topics;
- understands the main points of telephone calls with predicted content;
- understands the events shown in films, as long as the picture on the screen supports the text and the language is simple;
- is able reasonably fluently to sustain a straightforward description of one of a variety of subjects within his/her field of interest;
- is able to initiate, maintain and close simple face-to-face conversation without any preparation on topics that are familiar or of personal interest;
- is able to read shorter texts on varied topics (user manuals, simple literature, brochures);
- is able to recognize significant points in longer texts on familiar or important subjects, and is able to scan the texts in order to locate desired information;
- is able to write very brief reports in standard format, which pass on routine factual information and state reasons for actions.
The course is a prerequisite
Prerequisite course CIC6115.CI Chinese Language B1.1
Study programmes containing that course