Course title in Estonian
Hiina keel B1.1
Course title in English
Chinese Language B1.1
lecturer of 2021/2022 Autumn semester
Zhuoya Wu (language of instruction:English)
lecturer of 2021/2022 Spring semester
lecturer not assigned
The course aims to give a knowledge in all constituent skills in Chinese language level B1.1.
Brief description of the course
During the course will be learned to read and write 250 new Chinese characters (950 in total )and their usage in sentences. There will be learned to write personal letters and messages in deeper contents. Students will learn to express his/her thoughts using the sequence of simple sentences. Also there will be learned to describe experiences and events, and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans, as well as to express his/her opinion, agreement or disagreement politely.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student:
- is able to write and read required 950 Chinese characters in texts;
- is able to use simple language to deal with most practical situations, like asking for information or for a clarification, expressing opinions, making suggestions;
- is able to use simple language tools to describe, analyze and compare unfamiliar events;
- understands the main points and specific details of everyday topics regularly encountered at work, at school, at leisure;
- is able to follow short straightforward speech on familiar topics;
- knows how to write general simple texts on familiar topics, by linking a series of shorter sentences in a simple sequence;
- knows how to write personal letters and messages, and forward news.
The course is a prerequisite
Study programmes containing that course