Course title in Estonian
Hiina keel A2
Course title in English
Chinese Language A2
lecturer of 2022/2023 Spring semester
Li Liu (language of instruction:English)
lecturer of 2023/2024 Autumn semester
Not opened for teaching. Click the study programme link below to see the nominal division schedule.
The course aims to give a knowledge in all constituent skills in Chinese language level A2.
Brief description of the course
During the course will be learned to read and write 300 new Chinese characters (700 in total) and their usage in sentences. There will be learned to write short essays about people, one’s family, studies, hobbies or travelling experience and simple personal letter, greet people and introduce each other in both formal and informal way. Students will also learn how to express himself/herself in a simple manner on everyday topic, such as making simple suggestions, buying things, seeing doctor, etc.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student:
- is able to write and read required 700 Chinese characters in texts;
- understands simple instructions (such as sentences showing the way, showing to start or to finish to do something, and short dialogues at the custom, in the hospital);
- apprehends the topic of an exchange of ideas in an area familiar to her or him;
- is able to greet people and introduce each other in both formal and informal way;
- is able to express himself/herself in a simple manner on everyday topic (such as making simple suggestions, buying things, seeing doctor) and participate in simple everyday communications;
- understands short, simple texts that contain frequently used words;
- is able to find factual information from simple everyday texts;
- understands short and simple personal letters, notes and highlights of a ticket, bill, and transportation schedule, as well as simple signs and notices in public places;
- knows how to fill out forms that require simple personal data to be entered;
- knows how to write short stories about people, one’s family, studies, hobbies or travelling experience;
- knows how to write simple personal letters.
The course is a prerequisite
Study programmes containing that course