Course title in Estonian
Hiina keel A1
Course title in English
Chinese Language A1
lecturer of 2021/2022 Autumn semester
Yanlin Jiang (language of instruction:English)
lecturer of 2021/2022 Spring semester
lecturer not assigned
The course aims to give basic knowledge in all constituent skills in Chinese language level A1 and to make an introduction to Chinese language pronounciation.
Brief description of the course
The course introduces Pinyin Romanization system of Chinese language and gives an introduction to pronunciation of Chinese words. Following topics are covered in this class: greetings; daily life; identifying people; asking for direction; giving advice; university study; family; likes and dislikes; making an appointment; making apology. During the course will be learned to read and write 350 Chinese characters and their usage in sentences. There will be learned basic Chinese grammar, such as word order in sentence, main strokes of characters, yes-no questions, questions with an iterrogative pronoun, combined character strokes, numeral-measure words as attributives, optative verbs etc.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student:
- is familiar with Chinese Pinyin Romanization system and pronunciation
- is able to pronounce initial consonants, final sounds and tones of Chinese syllables accurately
- knows the pronunciation, structure, meaning and writing methods of 350 basic Chinese characters
- understands a new passage in which new words are less than 3%
- is able to compose simple sentences and questions using basic Chinese grammar
- understands and is able to use familiar everyday expressions (greetings, apologizing) and very basic phrases used in everyday situations (at the shop or hospital etc.)
- is able to introduce him/herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details, family and friends, studies etc.
is able to interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
The course is a prerequisite
Study programmes containing that course