Course title in Estonian
Õpetajakoolituse praktika II
Course title in English
Teacher Training Practice II
lecturer of 2021/2022 Spring semester
Tiina Anspal (language of instruction:Estonian)
lecturer of 2022/2023 Autumn semester
lecturer not assigned
The objective of the course is to support the development of knowledge, skills and attitudes from educational science and subject didactics courses through school experience; to support the development of analytical skills regarding pedagogical situations and study environments, and the ability to link theory and practice in order to implement subject- or profession-related knowledge and skills in school and study environments.
Brief description of the course
The organisation of Teacher Training Practice II and course content have been linked to the educational science courses of the teacher training programme, such as KAT7033.HR and KAT7034.HR, and subject didactics / speciality studies. Training practice takes place during the spring semester for six days in the partner schools of Tallinn University and in professional placement institutions connected to the university. The integrated tasks and their analysis will take place in the courses KAT7033.HR and KAT7034.HR and in subject didactics courses. In the course Teacher Training Practice II, the student will practise the skills obtained in the educational science and subject didactics courses. During training practice, the activities will take 4-8 hours per day (36 hours in total). The student will complete various observational tasks and small practical tasks which will focus on the following: 1. Noticing the individuality of a learner (including special needs) and taking it into account in the learning process. 2. The teacher as a leader and counsellor. Based on classroom observation and completed tasks, the student will analyse their own activities as well as the activities of their fellow students and the influence thereof on the school students. The organisation of training practice and relevant tasks will be introduced in the courses KAT7033.HR and KAT7034.HR, and subject didactics courses. Feedback will be given and theory and training practice will be analysed in the educational science courses and didactics seminars which will take place at the beginning and end of professional placement (4 hours in total). Training practice tasks will be made available electronically in eDidaktikum.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student:
- notices and analyses the connections between real school life and the theoretical knowledge acquired in educational science and subject didactics courses, observes school life based on the - Analyses the study environment and support system of students, based on document analysis, observations and interviews with support staff;
- notices the individual particularities of students (individualisation, differentiation) and takes these into account when planning the learning process and choosing study materials; evaluates the effectiveness of implementing support activities during an activity survey;
- plans and facilitates integration (general competences, subject-related integration, recurrent topics);
- participates in activities which are related to supervising, reviewing and defending students' research/creative work;
- uses formative assessment in the study process, compiles the assessment method/criteria and makes use of them during summative assessment;
- compiles an overview of an aspect observed as a focal point in the school.
The course is a prerequisite
Study programmes containing that course