Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
FK - Baltic Film, Media and Arts School
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Study programme group
teacher training and educational science
Study programme subgroup
en: Aineõpetajate koolitus
Nominal study period (in semesters)
A bachelor's degree in Art, Art Theory, Art History, Art Education or an equivalent qualification.
1) presentation of an outline of a Master’s thesis or educational project (presented along with other documentation, including a portfolio);
2) an interview regarding professional suitability and motivation.
Study programme aims and objectives
- To create conditions for acquiring an education in art pedagogy and developing professional skills for working as an art teacher in a basic school, show more...
upper secondary school and hobby school and as a museum educator;
- To support the formation of a research-based approach to teaching and the development of a creatively talented art teacher;
- To support the readiness for continuous professional development and continuing with doctoral studies.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- analyses the processes of cultural development and is familiar with the contemporary art world show more...
- has acquired the skill of individual learning and is open to continuous professional development
- has a good level of skill in oral and written expression in Estonian and is proficient in at least one foreign language at the B2 level of the European Language Portfolio
- has in-depth knowledge and skills in at least one specialised field of art
- interprets the art teacher's role in the context of educational sciences and psychology
- is able to plan and manage the learning process taking into account national regulations and those of the educational institution
- creates an environment that supports learning and the learners’ development by involving them
- is able to create and scientifically substantiate his approach to art education based on theoretical positions of art didactics
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Master’s thesis. During the studies, students are required to pass at least one course which uses a foreign language as the language of instruction. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits
teacher training courses