Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
DT - School of Digital Technologies
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Teacher of Mathematics
Language of instruction
Study programme group
teacher training and educational science
Study programme subgroup
en: Aineõpetajate koolitus
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Bachelor´s Degree, Diploma of Professional Higher Education or a corresponding qualification.
Study programme aims and objectives
- To create opportunities for getting an academic degree in education in the field of teaching mathematics, show more...
as well as for being prepared to work as teacher of mathematics in basic school or gymnasium, and for further professional development;
- To develop positive attitude towards research based approach to teaching and for professional development;
- To establish the preconditions for continuing studies at doctoral level.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- knows the main theories of education and fundamentals of educational psychology show more...
- is aware of the concepts, principles and processes of mathematical learning
- is able to describe and analyse educational practice and reflect one´s teaching
- is aware of the main research methods in education and is able to carry out educational research
- is able to implement one´s mathematical knowledge into teaching process
- is able to use ITC in teaching
- appreciates the code of professional ethics
- is able to connect one`s mathematical and pedagogical knowledge
For graduation the student must pass the curriculum subjects in the predetermined ECTS load, passing the compulsory subjects and compiling and defending the master's thesis;
The university may require the student with the admission decicion to complete the Compensatory Module in Mathematics. If bachelor studies don´t include Elementary mathematics I,II,III these couses should be taken additionally during master studies (gymnasium-line only). Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits
teacher training courses