Study programme code
Study programme administrator
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
FK - Baltic Film, Media and Arts School
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Study programme group
teacher training and educational science
Study programme subgroup
en: Aineõpetajate koolitus
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Bachelor´s Degree, Diploma of Professional Higher Education or a corresponding qualification, show more...
additional requirement of musical preparation at the undergraduate level.
haridusteaduse magister (muusikaõpetaja)
Study programme aims and objectives
- The joint degree program is designed to provide a comprehensive academic education in music in the field of educational sciences and teacher training, show more...
the competence to work as a music teacher (at the primary school, basic school and upper secondary school level) and a readiness for continuing studies, including doctoral studies;
- To create opportunities to form a knowledge and research-based approach to teaching and a willingness for continuous professional development;
- To enable the development of a music teacher with an understanding of multicultural society who values national traditions and modern teaching methods.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- knows and understands the aims, principles and tendencies of music education, and values music in a broader socio-cultural context show more...
- has broad and systematic knowledge of educational sciences and subject didactics and practical skills for working as a music teacher in preschool, basic school or upper secondary school
- is able to carry out musical activities and music lessons using the didactic possibilities included in various methodological approaches
- is able to reflect on their activities as a music teacher, plan the student's development and one's further development in general educational and interdisciplinary competences
- orients in music history, music theory and different music genres, applying this knowledge in practical activities, and is able to play music at a level adequate for a music teacher
- has acquired the knowledge and skills for conducting scientific research in their profession
- is able to work with different target groups and to treat specific expertise in the broader context of society and culture, and to express themselves professionally in at least one foreign language
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Master’s thesis. During the studies, students are required to pass at least one course which uses a foreign language as the language of instruction. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
As an additional requirement for students who have been admitted until 2015/2016, the foreign language proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages shall correspond to B2 level, in case of students of distant and cyclical learning to B1 level, and their computer skills shall be sufficient for university studies.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits
teacher training courses