lecturer of 2022/2023 Spring semester
Not opened for teaching. Click the study programme link below to see the nominal division schedule.
Brief description of the course
Mathematical modelling, its applications. Linear and nonlinear models, continuous and discrete models, deterministic and stochastic models, static and dynamic models. Principles of composing models. Modelling as process of improving models. Using operation analysis for modelling. Extremum problems as models. Using differential and their systems, as well as difference equations and their systems for modelling. Physical, biological, demographic, ecological and economic models.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student:
- knows the types of models;
- is able to construct the models;
- knows the principles of modelling;
- is able to improve the models and make model more accurate;
- knows something about the use of simulation for modelling.