Course title in Estonian
Course title in English
Front End Development
approximate amount of contact lessons
lecturer of 2019/2020 Autumn semester
õppejõud on määramata
lecturer of 2019/2020 Spring semester
lecturer not assigned
The objective of the course is to provide theoretical
knowledge and practical skills for creating user interfaces.
Brief description of the course
Possibilities and limitations for creating user interfaces with
conditions, loops. Arrays, records, sorting data. Web page content
changing in real time. Using random numbers. Creating live search in web
page. Rewriting web page to web application. JQuery additions to
data structuring. Asyncronous connection to web server. Saving automatization in web application. Storing data
in client computer (localStorage). Screen size and mobile web pages specialilties in web applications. Making application to work with and without network coverage.
XML application areas, good and bad sides. History of language, technical
possibilities. Syntax - elements and attributes. Desctiption of structure
of document - schemas and DTD. Web Services, SOAP, JSON. Using Facebook, Twitter and various Google app APIs for creating applications.
Big part of course are practical exercises supported in class, group
and individual exerciese. With most bigger parts of course student
must complete independent work. In practical lessons and in homework students make different applications using XML (JSON) datatype for transferring data.
During the course every student must submit individual and group assignment (s), demonstrating the ability and skill of creating user interfaces for web applications and managing web application data through AJAX.
Learning outcomes in the course
The student who have passed the course:
- is able to name the possibilities and limitations for client-side web application;
- uses W3C recommendations for web applications;
- is familiar with the JQuery possibilities for developing interactive web pages and know how to read and use documentation;
- knows the specialities of mobile web applications and is considering them in developing process;
- knows the structure of XML and JSON;
- is able to design and write down XML-structure of data;
- is able to add functionalities through different APIs;
- is familiar with the most popular XML-based markup languages.
Assessment. Student must defend all the homeworks, group work and solve at least two points out of three of given programming exercise.
Kliendipoolsed veebirakendused, J. Kippar – http://www.tlu.ee/~jaagup/skriptkeeled/kliendirakendused.odt
w3schools – http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/default.asp
Ei saa läbida vaid asenduskirjanduse alusel