Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HR - School of Educational Sciences
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Study programme group
teacher training and educational science
Study programme subgroup
en: Aineõpetajate koolitus
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Vocational secondary education or vocational education at post secondary level; secondary education with work experience as VET teacher or with Professional Certificate.
Study programme aims and objectives
- to create the preconditions for the formation of vocational teacher competencies required for the work;
- to support the willingness of the development of lifelong learning, professional self-development, and resume their studies at Master's level.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- understands basic concepts and theories, trends and current problems of educational science and vocational pedagogy, and vocational education as a part of the education system show more...
- plans the vocational learning process and develops the learning environment in accordance with students and trends in the speciality field
- conducts purposeful teaching in vocational training while supporting learning and student development
- plans and conducts research that supports the vocational pedagogy speciality field development through creating interdisciplinary links and applying purposeful research methods
- understands their professional development needs and opportunities in the context of lifelong learning
- has preparedness to participate in civil society and the promotion of vocational training while following general ethical principles
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Bachelor’s thesis or passing the Bachelor’s examination. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits
+ MAIN SPECIALITY: Vocational pedagogy
+ MINOR FIELD OF STUDY MODULE: Teacher of National Defence
The objective of the curriculum is to support the formation show more...
of teachers' national defence competences as well as their attitudes and readiness to teach the optional subject of national defence as established in the national curriculum for upper secondary schools.
The student who has completed the curriculum:
- has acquired necessary knowledge on the Estonian military history, show more...
the organisation of Estonian national defense, and present-day crises and armed conflicts to work as a national defence teacher;
- has aquired necesseary knowledge and skills to organise field camps, carryng through field camps takes into account the principles of environment protection, handles weapons safely, is aware of the principles of first aid and moving on landscape, and has acquired readiness to cope in case of crises;
- has acquired positive attitude, democratic value judgements and the readiness to protect the Estonian country in case of need, acting as a responsible and loyal citizen and following the principles of a state governed by the rule of law;
- has acquired competences and readiness to teach the optional subject of national defence according to the national curriculum for secondary schools, taking into account the principles of didactics and the learners` peculiarities.
approximate amount of contact lessons