The aim of the course is to build bases for studying and implementing marketing theories, core terminology and to develop practical skills in marketing activities. Also to develop skills of marketing and media analysis in local and international environment.
Brief description of the course
Course starts with introducing marketing terminology, essence of marketing, stakeholder’s partition and roles in modern economic, social, media and marketing actualisation.
Next step is general overview of marketing concepts and base theories concentrating on specifics of marketing of culture.
Following subjects are studied in detail:
Marketing environment of enterprises and organisations (micro- and macro environment), consumer behaviour and behavioural patterns, targeting and positioning, product and product development (incl. Product classification in culture markets) product launch models and promotions.
Throughout the course it will be explained base terms via practical examples both local and international markets, modern marketing trends and methods are introduced and explained.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student...
Person graduating course with positive grade
- Understands the essence of marketing, trends of marketing and is familiar with arts and culture marketing specifics
- Is familiar with modern marketing theories and authors, can use specific terminology in context.
- Has overview of stages of marketing planning and control.
- Can name and analyse own and competitor marketing activities in local and international context.
- Can interconnect marketing theory with daily marketing activities.