Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
FK - Baltic Film, Media and Arts School
Study programme title in Est.
Reklaam ja suhtekorraldus
study programme title in Engl.
Advertising and Public Relations
Language of instruction
en: Ärindus, haldus ja õigus
Study programme group
business and administration
Study programme subgroup
en: Turundus ja reklaam
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Graduation Certificate, Certificate of Vocational show more...
Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education; admission exam (essay and interview).
Study programme aims and objectives
- To create prerequisites for acquisition of basic knowledge in communication and creative field and in-depth knowledge in advertising and public relations studies;
- To develop readiness for working in field of advertising and public relations valuing professional development and ethical principles;
- To create skills to find scientific information in the fields of advertising and public relations, and to develop critical thinking;
- To create preconditions for innovative action, both individual and in teams, in order to recognise and solve problems in the field of advertising and public relations, and to schedule research;
- To develop readiness for continuing studies at Master´s level.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- understands advertising and public relations social, economic and cultural role in the society show more...
- is able to analyse consumption, information movement and its management processes in the society
- knows the mechanisms of advertising and public relations from sociological, psychological, economic, aesthetic and mass media aspects
- is able to identify problems in the communication field, to suggest solutions by identifying the need and planning the research, also to implement them into practice by using innovative modern media solutions
- has readiness to promote area of specialisation, communicate with different target groups and view specific specialized knowledge in a wider cultural and social context
- is able to orient oneself in the consumer society with the help of cultural and ethical values
- has skills to support national and cultural values
- has ability to identify the need for continuous studies and professional development, if necessary to learn independently and to find needed specialised information
- values team work and innovative thinking the speciality field
In order to fulfill the study programme student shall complete the programme in given amount and defend bachelor’s thesis.
Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level by the end of their studies.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits