Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
LT - School of Natural Sciences and Health
Study programme title in Est.
Käsitöö ja kodundus
study programme title in Engl.
Handicraft and Home Economics
Language of instruction
Humanitaaria ja kunstid
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education
State examinations: mother tongue (estonian school) or for graduates from Russian-medium schools national examination in Estonian 50%. Entrance examination 50%consisting of composition task and specialized test.
Study programme aims and objectives
- to create prerequisites for acquiring basic education in show more...
handicraft and home economics which would enable to start working in the profession or continue studies on the Master's level;
- to support the formation of the general cultural and technical world view;
- to create possibilities for the formation of ethical, aesthetic, and ecological values.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- finds and solves (teoretically and practically) the problems and creative exercises of Handicraft and home Economics, associates the theory and practice show more...
- is able to analyse and assess critically nowadays ICT and consumer environment
- is able to design, form and prepare the products, to plan process of production development
- has knowledges about development of culture
- is able to work with team in the field of solving professional creative or theoretical problems, analysing and presentating results
- is able to use infotechnology and professional literature means to analyse and solve problems in field of specialisation
- has primary skills in carrying out research in field of specialisation
- analyses his/her professional activity and plans further devolepment
In order to complete the curriculum the student must cover the curriculum in the set volume, including passing the compulsory subjects, write and defend the Bachelor's thesis.
As a condition for graduating the curriculum prescribes: mastery of one foreign language on the European Language Portfolio B2 level; computer skills necessary for studying in the university; Estonian language skills on level C1 for students from Russian language schools.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits