Study programme code
Study programme administrator
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
FK - Baltic Film, Media and Arts School
Study programme title in Est.
Reklaam ja imagoloogia
study programme title in Engl.
Advertising and Publicity Studies
Language of instruction
en: Ärindus, haldus ja õigus
Study programme group
business and administration
Study programme subgroup
en: Turundus ja reklaam
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Graduation Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education.
Admission exam 100%
Study programme aims and objectives
To create preconditions for the acquisition of basic knowledge of social sciences and in-depth knowledge in the field of advertising and publicity studies;
To develop a readiness in students for continuing their studies at master’s level;
To develop a readiness for working in jobs requiring knowledge about advertising and publicity studies;
To create preconditions for innovative action in order to recognise and solve problems in the field of advertising and to schedule research;
To support the development of cultural and ethical values in students;
To support readiness to continue the academic career.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- understands the social, economic and cultural role of advertising show more...
as marketing communication and knows about the mechanisms of advertising and promotion proceeding from sociological, psychological, economic, aesthetic and mass media aspects
- knows about the mechanisms of advertising and promotion proceeding from sociological, psychological, economic, aesthetic and mass media aspects
- has skills for supporting problem recognition and solving in the field of advertising and marketing communication, and conducting research
- has skills for managing marketing communication, including the process of creating advertising, and recognising and applying creative thinking in the production process of advertising
- has skills for practical application of the concept of advertising with the aid of contemporary means of marketing communication
- is able to promote one’s area of specialisation, communicate with different target groups and view specific knowledge of the area of specialisation in a wider cultural and social context
- is able to orient oneself in the consumer society with the help of cultural and ethical values
- has skills for identifying the need for continuous studies and professional development
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Bachelor’s thesis or passing the Bachelor’s examination. Student who is admitted starting from academic year 2016/2017 can graduate only with bachelor`s thesis. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
As an additional requirement for students who have been admitted until 2015/2016, the foreign language proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages shall correspond to B2 level, in case of students of distant and cyclical learning to B1 level, and their computer skills shall be sufficient for university studies.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits