Study programme code
Study programme administrator
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HT - School of Humanities
Study programme title in Est.
Romaani keeled ja kultuurid
study programme title in Engl.
Romance Languages and Cultures
Language of instruction
Humanitaaria ja kunstid
Study programme group
languages and cultures
Study programme subgroup
Nominal study period (in semesters)
1) Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education.
- state exam in mother tongue
- state exam in a foreign language (at least 76 points);
3) Entrance exam (colloquium)
Study programme aims and objectives
- to provide preconditions for broad-based studies of the languages, show more...
society and cultural space of the Romance countries in general (see: specialisation module 1) and in the domain of French and/or Italian language, society and culture specifically (see: specialisation modules 2 and 3);
- to provide preconditions for the gradual formation of systematic knowledge of the given domain (Romance languages and cultures generally, and French and Italian language and culture specifically) as a field of study and research;
- to create preconditions to continue one's studies on MA level in the speciality of French or Italian cultural studies, or of didactics of Romance languages and cultures, or of translation and translation theory and poetics, or in some other field of humanities (e.g. general cultural theory) in Estonia or elsewhere.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- is proficient in one Romance language at CEFR level C1, in another Romance language at level A2 and in Latin at elementary level show more...
- knows the main concepts and theories used in research on French, Italian or Spanish language, literature and culture and understands the relationship of his/her own field to other disciplines
- is able to carry out basic scientific research in his/her field
- is able to work in a team, and interpret and implement specific expertise in a wider cultural and social context
- is able to pursue master's studies in the field of French, Italian or Spanish studies, language teaching, and translation in Estonia and abroad
- proficiency in his/her main Romance language at CEFR level C1
- proficiency in another Romance language at CEFR level A2
- computer test
- Estonian language at level C1 (for students who have graduated from a high school with Russian as the first language)
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits